CAFEBABE

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Get the Guru

GuruNet is my favaourite refrence engine and it has remained so since I started using it few years back. They have been constantly improving their service and finally they have realized what they are missing - a web version of this Genie. Now they have that too.
Well this is important to me because this has enabled me to use one of my other favourites "FireFox" to fetch info from GuruNet, no longer have to lift my hands from my key board (to Alt+Click). I have written this search plugin for Firefox.

All you need is to download this image () to "searchplugins" directory in your Firefox folder and copy paste this code to a file named gurunet.src under the same directory.


# Mozilla/Gurunet plug-in
# by Kannan Dot Parthasarathy At GMail Dot com
# Version 1.0  - 17 June 2004

<search
   name="GuruNet"
   description="GuruNet"
   method="GET"
   action="http://www.gurunet.com/query"
   update=""
   updateCheckDays=1
   queryEncoding="utf-8"
   queryCharset="utf-8"
>

<input name="s" user>
<input name="sourceid" value="mozilla-search">

<interpret
    browserResultType="result"
    charset = "UTF-8"
    resultListStart='<b>Open Directory Categories</b>'
    resultListEnd='</ol>'
    resultItemStart='<li>'
    resultItemEnd='<br>'
 >

 <interpret
    charset='UTF-8'
    browserResultType='result'
    resultListStart='<b>Atomica Results</b>'
    resultListEnd='</ol>'
    resultItemStart='<li>'
    resultItemEnd='</small><p>'
 >

</search>

Now restart your Firefox. Isn't it better than before?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home